Thinking about starting your own blog?
Perfect. Because that means you already know how it has changed the life of hundreds and thousands of bloggers and content creators all over the world.
In fact, today there are bloggers who are making more than $100,000 a month through their blogs. And besides earning such unimaginable sum of money, they are also able to work from home, travel while they work, set up their own flexible working schedule, and just get more out of their life every day.
Too good to be true?
Not really. You’d be surprised just how easy and effortless it is to create your own blog for just a few dollars of your money.
In a few simple steps, anyone can start their own money-making blog and get back the little money they invested in blog hosting in no time. There is no doubt that paying for blog hosting in the initial stages is highly beneficial and worth your every dollar.
If you want to set up your own WordPress blog for little cost and maximum benefits, choosing Bluehost for your hosting needs is highly effective. I am only one of the several other bloggers, who have tried and tested their hosting service, and I strongly recommended it to others as well.
Bluehost has a proven track record of being one of the top web hosting companies and continues to be so in 2018 as well. Moreover, it is recommended by WordPress itself, which speaks volumes about its reliability and popularity.
And if you register with Bluehost using our link, you can start your own blog at the lowest possible cost of $2.75 per month.
Now, wait – aren’t there other options for starting a blog for a little cheaper? You may already be thinking about Blogspot/Blogger as an alternative.
But let’s just stop you right there. It is often a bad idea to go for Blogger if you ever want to actually earn money through your blog. Most companies and advertisers turn away from these websites and do not consider them as professional as the self-hosted WordPress blogs.
I have discussed in detail about what platform (Blogger or WordPress) is the right one for you in another post. You can always check that one out if you want to know more.
But, to summarize, if you really want to turn your blog into a money-making business or a freelancing career, you must get self-hosted WordPress blog and pay for your hosting through tried and tested services such as Bluehost.
Besides being unbelievably cheap, they also provide you a FREE domain, and you can always run your own advertisements, affiliate links, or direct advertising through the blog running on Bluehost.
Some other benefits of choosing Bluehost for your WordPress blog are listed below:
- Bluehost makes creating a WordPress blog super easy. Just follow through this article and you’re good to go!
- Bluehost also offers technical support.
- Bluehost allows you to save more money, and, thus, make more money. They are cheap. You can start a blog at an affordable cost of just $2.75 per month if you sign up using our link.
- Bluehost gives you a FREE blog domain.
- You can monetize your blog.
- Being self-hosted on Bluehost rather than Blogspot makes you will look professional to other parties whether your audience, readers, companies or clients.
Hurry up, then – click here to start a blog on WordPress, and follow the simple steps given below to create your own blog on WordPress without a single hassle.
Also, Get 65% Discount and a FREE Domain With Bluehost Coupon Code!
How To Start A WordPress Blog On Bluehost
1. Register Your Domain Name
You can click here to purchase a domain name and start your own blog, and then follow the simple steps given below.
Remember: Your domain name is probably one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make while starting your own WordPress blog on Bluehost. So give it a good thought and remember to go for a name that’s memorable and easy to recall.
Most bloggers regret later on by choosing a name that’s either too long or too confusing which creates a lot of difficulties while explaining it to others.
With Bluehost, you can directly get your domain and simplify the entire process by a greater degree. You can also enjoy a FREE domain for the first year if you buy 12 months worth of Bluehost web hosting. That’s why we highly recommend you to sign up for at least 12 months of hosting to save a great chunk of your money and to reap the more benefits.
Buying 12 months of hosting also ensures that you get cheaper monthly rates, which means that the free domain that you get is simply an added bonus.
Similarly, purchasing a 36 months plan yields even better value with cheaper monthly rates over the long run. So you can simply choose the deal that suits you and benefits you the best.
Now, if you have decided to get your free domain, let’s get to the next step to buy your hosting along with the free domain from Bluehost.
2. Buy Hosting for Your Blog
It’s easier than you think to set up a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
But first, let’s understand a few costs that come with blogging:
- Choosing “Basic” plan is the cheapest way to start a blog. If you sign up using our link, you get a discount and it will cost you only $2.75 per month if you sign up for 36 months, and only $3.95 per month for 24 months. Or, you can get 12 months plan by paying $4.95 per month. This would be a great plan to choose if you are still unsure about blogging. And… as you still get a FREE domain at this price using our link, this is definitely a great deal. If you go for a 12 months plan, your yearly cost would still be just $59 a year – can you believe that! Additionally, you also get the domain name for FREE and save more money if you purchase 24 months or 36 months plan.
- Frankly, the “Basic” plan is more than enough for you right now. So just ignore going over the more expensive Plus and Business Pro plans. If ever you feel like you might need these plans, you can always easily upgrade to these plans by paying the additional price – so why pay extra money right now at the beginning?
- Paying a small amount of money for Domain Privacy Protection is also a good idea. It costs only $0.99 per month and ensures that your contact information stays safe.
- You can comfortably do away with all other additional items that Bluehost sells, so make sure to uncheck all the extras that might be listed in your plan.
- If you sign up using our link, you can get your domain for FREE if you purchase 12 months or longer plan.
Remember: it is highly recommended that you purchase at least a 12 months hosting plan if you don’t want to end up paying more money.
Not only is paying the cost every month a more redundant and ineffective process, it is also expensive and devoid of several benefits.
Signing up for 12 months or more allows you to receive a FREE domain name, reduce your overall cost over the long run, and save hassles of renewing your website after the completion of each month. Just think about this: what if you forget to renew the hosting? Or, maybe your card expires just at the wrong time?
Would you really risk losing valuable traffic and visitors on your page over these minor hiccups?
It’s simply more effective and cost-saving to pay for more years at once. You can get a year of blog hosting at just around $59. For 3 years, it’s $99, and it’s still a great price if you consider all the benefits. If you really want to get the best value out of your money spent, remember that purchasing a 36-month plan is the best.
Now that you have a clear understanding of the various costs involved, you can simply follow these simple steps to purchase hosting for your blog:
- Go to Bluehost and click “Get Started Now” button
- Click on the plan that suits and benefits you the best
- Enter your existing domain name, or sign up for a new domain name
- Enter your personal details along with payment information
- You will now be asked to enter a password, which is a crucial information and should be kept highly secured
3. Connect Your Domain and Your Hosting
If you purchased your domain directly through Bluehost, you can skip this section and move on to step no. 4.
If you bought your domain from other providers, this is the time to connect your domain to your hosting account.
Domain providers like GoDaddy have a clear set of instructions on how you can set Nameservers for your domain names. You can go through those instructions, or follow these simple steps:
How to modify your DNS Nameservers when you are using GoDaddy for your domain and Bluehost for your hosting:
- Log into the GoDaddy.com Account Manager
- Go to Domain Names drop-down menu or Manage Your Account list, and select Manage Domains
- Use the checkboxes to select the domain name you wish to modify and click Set Name Servers
- Find Name Servers heading on the right side of your page and in the space provided under, enter your updated name server information, and then click Save Changes at the bottom – you’ll find your entries in this format: ns1.bluehost.com; ns2.bluehost.com
4. Install WordPress on Bluehost
Now comes the part where you actually start a WordPress blog on Bluehost.
Bluehost actually makes it a lot easy to create a WordPress blog – and, that too, for FREE!
Once you’re done creating your password, Bluehost gives you an easy guide on how to start a blog.
- First, you will be requested to choose a theme for your blog. Select the one you really like or the one that best fits your blogging needs. Remember, you can always change your theme later on so you can skip this step for now. Or, take your time and explore some of the most beautiful WordPress themes. You can always use one from a wide collection of beautiful themes from our Blossom Themes. Or I would also recommend giving Genesis and Rara Theme a try. All of them are easy to use and effortlessly customizable, so feel free to explore these several stunning WordPress themes collections.
- Now click “Start Building”
- Click either “Business” or “Personal” on the next screen or simply click “I don’t need help”
Congratulations! Your WordPress blog is now ready!
Now you can get on with the fun part of choosing a great design and high-quality content for your own WordPress blog.
Important Tips on How to Navigate WordPress
- You will receive an email upon completing above mentioned steps. The email will include your login details (WordPress login URL, username, and password). Use the details to sign into your WordPress account and keep the email safe for future purpose.
- To create new posts, log in and click on “Posts” button that you see on the left-hand side of the screen. To add a page, just click on “Page.”
We recommend Docs2Site as an essential tool to upload your articles to your WordPress blog. Formatting articles on the WordPress editor can be a hassle when you’re doing it manually. Docs2Site is a tool that allows you to export your articles from Google Docs to WordPress within seconds. This tool can save you between 1 and 1.5 hours per article and give you a massive boost in productivity.
- To add an image, click on “Media” on the left-hand side
- To add items to your sidebar or footer, go to “Appearance” and then “Widgets”
- Looking for a way to send newsletters or emails to your readers? Try out Drip, which is one of the highly recommended ones.
- Want an amazing design and a visually appealing look for your blog? Just go to “Appearance” on the left-hand side of the screen and click on “Themes.” There you may select from several free WordPress themes for your blogs. Or, you might want to try more easily customizable themes like a stunning collection of our Blossom Themes. You can also go for other impressive themes like Genesis and Rara Theme. All of these are easy to use and simple to customize, so explore these beautiful themes collections and then choose and activate the one you find the best for your blog.
So there you go. I hope you are now fully aware of why it is a better idea to have a self-hosted WordPress blog and how to start your own WordPress blog using easy services like Bluehost.
Not only does it save a lot of your money, but also help you monetize your blog in a big way and make handsome earnings on very little investment.
Yeah, whatever niche your WordPress blog be, business, consultant, restaurant, education, and so on, starting your WordPress blog on Bluehost is always on top-notch.
So why not get started then? The sooner the better! Just sign up using our link to start your own blog at a discounted cost and enjoy the blogging life!
All the best!